4 Servings 20 minutes
This is a great salad to prep for and then use as a grab’n’go. I eat 2 servings for lunch and wrap it in romaine lettuce leaves or chop some raw greens into the salad. It also works well stuffed in pita pockets. Lasts in the fridge for 4 days.
- 1 C water
- ½ C raw quinoa
- ½ C chickpeas or cannellini beans
- ¼ C chopped red pepper
- ½ C chopped tomato
- ½ C chopped cucumber
- 2 Tbsp small chop red onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp minced fresh oregano
- 4 Tbsp fat free balsamic vinaigrette
- In a small pan heat the water to boiling.
- Add quinoa, stir to be sure all the quinoa is under water. Turn heat down to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and herbs.
- After 5 minutes turn the quinoa off and let steam for another 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl you are going to serve the salad in, combine all other ingredients. Mix to distribute the dressing.
- When quinoa has absorbed the water and is cooked, take it off the heat and remove lid. You can either add it immediately to the rest of the salad or let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add to the rest of the salad, stir lightly to combine.
- Enjoy with a side salad or in a pita pocket.
Note: You can add the Cheap Trick Tahini Dressing instead of the vinaigrette.
Abbreviations: C = cup; oz = ounce; Tbsp = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
Copyright Marty Davey, 2021. All rights reserved.