8 Servings 10 minutes, includes cooking time
I call this a cheap trick because it is barely a recipe. I use it on berries, the Midnight Espresso Cake, and ice cream. It is also the first recipe my son made on his own. He had watched me make it, wanted it on his Nice Cream. I was too tired and lazy to make it. So, he got out the bowl and chips and fired up the microwave oven. So, I have complete faith that even you can cook as well as a 5 year old.
This is so easy, you don’t need any tips
Cheap Trick Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 C Non-dairy Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 C Non-Dairy Milk
- Put chips into microwavable bowl. Put in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Check chips by shaking the bowl. Chips should be fairly melted together with no chips bouncing on top.
- Put them back into the microwave at 15 second intervals, if they are not ready.
- As soon as the chips are melted quickly whisk in milk for about 30 seconds. Add more milk if needed. Serve.
Note: This sauce will harden if there is not enough milk, but then it is like the chocolate dips for ice cream cones. Also, yummy.
Abbreviations: C = cup; oz = ounce; Tbsp = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
Copyright Marty Davey, 2002. All rights reserved.