8 Servings 10 minutes
One night after a community meeting, everyone wanted to still talk about the issue. I suggested my place. Someone went for a beer run and I realized I had to feed 8 people something.
This is what I had in the fridge and pantry. It was such a hit I have it at every party.
There is another even easier version of this. Yes, amazing isn’t it?
- 2 C or 15 oz can of black, kidney or pinto beans drained, rinsed
1 C fat free salsa – most are
¼ C small chop green pepper
½ C frozen corn kernels
- Thaw the corn in a microwavable bowl for 1 minute.
- Put the beans into medium bowl or put in food processor.
- Add the salsa to the beans.
- Either pulse in the FP for 10-15 times or mash the beans and salsa together with a potato masher until desired consistency.
- Add the corn and peppers to the beans.
- Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
- Tell people you made the beans and cooked this all day
Note: The hard part is figuring out whether to have this with veggies or chips.
Abbreviations: C = cup; oz = ounce; Tbsp = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
Copyright Marty Davey, 2002. All rights reserved.