6 Servings 30 minutes
Spring roll wraps or wonton wraps are usually in the freezer section of grocery stores or Asian markets. Spring roll wraps will be much bigger than the wonton, so dole your filling out accordingly. I have swapped out the edamame with steamed shiitake mushrooms or spiced tofu strips. The Nutty Hoisin Sauce recipe is quick and yummy!
- 25 g rice noodles
- 1/2 C edamame beans, not pods
- 6 sheets rice paper rolls
- 1 C shredded red cabbage
- 1 C shredded green cabbage
- Cut the veggies below into thin strips:
- 2 bell peppers, de-seeded
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/2 cucumber, de-seeded
- 1 avocado
- Add rice noodles to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soften ~ 5-10 minutes.
- Set up your workstation – vegetables together, easy to grab, and rice paper nearby.
- In a large pie pan, soak 1 sheet of rice paper in warm water ~10 seconds, or until slightly softened. Rice paper will continue to soften even out of the water.
- Remove the paper from water, let excess water drip off, and transfer to a plate.
- Lay drained noodles, and all the toppings you prefer across the lower 1/3 of the paper. Leave one inch open on the sides.
- Pick up the bottom of the paper and wrap over the entire filling. Squeeze gently making a cigar shape. Fold in the sides like an envelope and roll the entire roll upwards until all of paper is used. Wet seam to seal.
- Cut in half, using a sharp knife. Serve with my Nutty Hoisin Sauce.
Abbreviations: C = cup; oz = ounce; Tbsp = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
Copyright Marty Davey, 2019. All rights reserved.